Bombard them; they read

MGreen26

Freshman
An email to Blake -- be short and to the point and they will respond.
I was in the stands in Louisville and Lincoln and a change has to occur. I have cancelled my trips to Georgia Tech, Virginia and Virginia Tech. I can’t continue to invest my hard earned money and time when I care more about the program than the coaches running it do.

Did you know that Al Golden has never fired an assistant coach? In nine years nobody came to poach Paul Williams, Jethro Franklin or Mark D’Onofrio. The defensive scheme is beyond broken. It can be best described as “let’s hope the other team does something stupid.” That may work against MAC caliber competition (see Ark. St. snapping the ball over the QBs head). Unfortunately this isn’t the MAC and any power 5 conference team with a pulse can execute. Louisville did not make a spectacular or difficult offensive play all night. And neither did Nebraska. They took what the defensive gave them – everything – and scored at will.

Not only that, there is poor defensive technique across the board from tackling, to ball skills to defensive line techniques. How many more times are we going to watch the same movie and hope for a different ending? Safeties and corners are backpedaling 10 to 15 yards off the ball on obvious rushing downs. 7 on 11 is going to lose every single time. Players graduate, younger more highly recruited players get experience, but nothing changes.

Al Golden’s only effective defense is defending his best friend and dodging the media -- and now apparently hurricane hotline when things go south. What kind of message does that send to the young men he is supposed to be teaching? Do you run when the going gets tough?

Coach Golden makes a lot of money to make tough decisions. The only reason Coach D’Onofrio still has a job is because he is Coach Golden’s best friend. Please intervene and help bring our canes back to where they belong. The players, former players, alumni and City of Miami deserve it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back