Mark Stoops 1st choice as OC

sfcane2

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
SIAP, but when Stoops got the Kentucky job, he tried pretty hard to get Coley as his OC. In fact there were a lot of stories at the time that Coley had accepted the job.

Advertisement
I want Joe Clements from Oklahoma State or Jerry Montgomery from Oklahoma as the NEW head coach....tell me what you guys think.

When Coley was at FSU he didn't call plays and everyone claimed he was only there for his A+ recruiting. When he came here I was expecting recruiting to fly through the roof......same ole crap though.

SIAP, but when Stoops got the Kentucky job, he tried pretty hard to get Coley as his OC. In fact there were a lot of stories at the time that Coley had accepted the job.

Not sure about that.

He has a good OC now, Neal Brown.

Advertisement
When Coley was at FSU he didn't call plays and everyone claimed he was only there for his A+ recruiting. When he came here I was expecting recruiting to fly through the roof......same ole crap though.
I hear what you're saying, but didn't he get Kaaya? We're pretty much pinning our hopes on his recruit right now. I remember when it was announced that we were getting Coley, all I could think was that the part of FSU that was holding them back was the offense.

I think that's accurate. Neal Brown has ties to Tim Couch, and I think Couch convinced Stoops to hire his boy.

But that's not to knock Brown's credentials. I just think it is accurate that Coley wa the initial candidate of choice for Stoops.

I hear what you're saying, but didn't he get Kaaya? We're pretty much pinning our hopes on his recruit right now. I remember when it was announced that we were getting Coley, all I could think was that the part of FSU that was holding them back was the offense.

I understand the Coley criticism but he's been a **** good recruiter. The PSU fiasco supposedly turned off a lot of local recruits. Coley helped with that. Truthfully, if it wasn't for Coley, gray crow or heaps would be our qb now.. Take that in!

I want Joe Clements from Oklahoma State or Jerry Montgomery from Oklahoma as the NEW head coach....tell me what you guys think.

I want the guy who was 15 years by Jimmy Johnson's side. Five years at Oklahoma State, five years at Miami, and five years at Dallas.

Advertisement
I never knew Mark Stoops was a DB coach at Miami. If the job opens up, maybe he'll consider coaching Miami.

Advertisement
I think that's accurate. Neal Brown has ties to Tim Couch, and I think Couch convinced Stoops to hire his boy.

But that's not to knock Brown's credentials. I just think it is accurate that Coley wa the initial candidate of choice for Stoops.

Neal Brown was hired by Kentucky only 12 days after Stoops ....He also played for Kentucky and was the OC for Texas Tech's 2nd ranked passing offense.

You want two guys who have never been a coordinator to be head coach? Where do you people come up with this ****? Joe Bob Clements (his real name) is the DL coach at Oklahoma State. Before that he was Defensive Ends Coach at K-State. Before that he was DL coach at Kansas. What in the **** makes you think he can be a head coach? How about he becomes a DC first? Montgomery was a DC at North Iowa Community College for a year, but aside from that, he's been DL coach at OU, Michigan, Wyoming and Northern Iowa. Head coach at Miami? Come the **** on. If these guys were so great, they wouldn't still be position coaches 11-12 years after going into coaching. They'd at least be coordinators.

Pretty easy explanation there...recruiting prowess for when he landed at a $EC bottom dweller..not to mention familiarity.

UM

Advertisement
I never knew Mark Stoops was a DB coach at Miami. If the job opens up, maybe he'll consider coaching Miami.
when Shannon was axed stoops was one of the candidates. Not sure if they interviewed him. But the university did consider him for the job.

I don't want another head coach. Just a staff of coordinators. Butch on D and Dorseyinski running the offense. That makes about as much sense as wishing for a guy that already makes about the same as Alfred at a junk SEC school that doesn't have any real football expectations or pressures.

Advertisement
Back