It's Chaos. Pure Chaos.

WhatTheHell

"WE CANT DEMAND PERFECTION.”
Banned
After seeing everyone's thoughts on the Shalala and AQM situations it's become clear this board has a large amount of alumni and students who care deeply about the university as a whole.

It's more than just football. It's about a high academic ranking, as well as an administration that does the right thing when handing out punishment. So I ask you, those that want to see the university continue to carry a stellar overall reputation, is it not time to remove the leader of this unruly group of outlaws that appear dead set on tarnishing the University of Miami's good name? I just hope we do something soon before this gang of thugs overrun Coral Gables and burn it to the ground.

Former coach Randy Shannon worked diligently to clean up the programs' lawless image. More players have been arrested under Golden than under Shannon.

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/74486/kevin-olsen-cant-stay-out-of-trouble

Think of the children.

Last edited:
Advertisement
They're a difference between choir boys who are bad and outlaws who are bad - Al recruits the latter group.

Jesus, if we are going to have this kind of stuff written, at least win some games Al to make it worthwhile.

After seeing everyone's thoughts on the Shalala and AQM situations it's become clear this board has a large amount of alumni and students who care deeply about the university as a whole.

It's more than just football. It's about a high academic ranking, as well as an administration that does the right thing when handing out punishment. So I ask you, those that want to see the university continue to carry a stellar overall reputation, is it not time to remove the leader of this unruly group of outlaws that appear dead set on tarnishing the University of Miami's good name? I just hope we do something soon before this gang of thugs overrun Coral Gables and burn it to the ground.

Former coach Randy Shannon worked diligently to clean up the programs' lawless image. More players have been arrested under Golden than under Shannon.

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/74486/kevin-olsen-cant-stay-out-of-trouble

Think of the children.

tumblr_lps76r3f341r00k3po1_400.gif

I distinctly remember a group of clowns on this site claiming that the "vibe and feel" of this team was so different from the Randy years and that we're in such better shape under Golden.

LULZ.

We don't win big games, have had a plethora of Golden-recruited players leave the program (30+ IIRC), and now this brief stint of arrests, but we're such better off, right?

I'm not a Randy slurper by any stretch, as he too was a terrible head coach, but Golden is no better.

We need to start over.

Advertisement
I think this is statistical nonsense. Reality is that Miami has never had a problem with it's players and the law. So we get a few kids arrested and it looks bad. Truth is that most places in D1 a kid gets pulled over with a .04, he's take care of. You think QBs at an SEC school are getting arrested for that?

I think this is statistical nonsense. Reality is that Miami has never had a problem with it's players and the law. So we get a few kids arrested and it looks bad. Truth is that most places in D1 a kid gets pulled over with a .04, he's take care of. You think QBs at an SEC school are getting arrested for that?

FACT....and Andrea just got an e-mail full of reality on that piece.

Bottom Line, the agenda around here is to take out the coaching garbage, and I think most of us are on board if not needing serious convincing otherwise...but that said, it is absolutely hypocritical and ridiculous to try and compare UM arrests with UF, F$U....****, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, etc. over the last decade.

Olsen came here with problems and never got serious. The sexual assault, **** that caught all of us off guard I would suspect..especially with Fig, but that **** happens on college campuses. We see more this year, ok, maybe there is an issue...but otherwise...it is weeding out the bad apples like every football team does.

All I have to say is remember where we came from. Shannon was suspending kids for missing study hall and cell phones...he was monitoring class attendance and whether doors were held open for females and hats were taken off indoors. EVERYONE was whining (including, maybe especially, me) that we needed coaches more focused on football and not on the classroom and freakin etiquette.

Facts are we got that...we just didn't get the good coach part. I'm not going to get ****ed at Golden & Co. for TRYING to keep the focus on football and out of the admin stuff (ala AQM)...I'm just getting ****ed because they are performing worse than quite a few high school coaching staffs and wasting some **** fine talent we don't get to enjoy very long.

UM

Advertisement

Fvck no they aren't. They aren't even being bothered by the cops unless they go wayyy overboard.

As I was saying in my thread before it got deleted, Al isn't getting the job done on the field and he's lost control off the field he has no reason to be here. Can't run a competitive or clean program.

Advertisement

Think of the children.

I am a great admirer the University of Miami, but that admiration in no way leads me to want to fire Al Golden. For one thing, my respect for UM is not based on its "reputation," but rather on its actual commitment to research, teaching, and the welfare of its academic community. I am more enamored of what it is in reality than of how it is perceived. Secondly, I don't view the kids who got thrown out as a "group of thugs." I am glad that Al and Donna run a tight ship in terms of demanding adherence to the rules and respect for other students. I applaud the fact that UM told them to pack up and leave rather than making excuses aimed at maintaining the quality of the football team at the expense of doing what was right, but I am very much saddened that some of these young men have squandered a wonderful opportunity.

Last edited:
Attrition = 39% 28/71
3rd Downs = 38% 193/512

2014 3rd Downs = 21%
2013 3rd Downs = 35%
2012 3rd Downs = 39%
2011 3rd Downs = 43%

Advertisement
I distinctly remember a group of clowns on this site claiming that the "vibe and feel" of this team was so different from the Randy years and that we're in such better shape under Golden.

LULZ.

We don't win big games, have had a plethora of Golden-recruited players leave the program (30+ IIRC), and now this brief stint of arrests, but we're such better off, right?

I'm not a Randy slurper by any stretch, as he too was a terrible head coach, but Golden is no better.

We need to start over.

Consider me part of that group. I thought FOR SURE that the momentum building throughout the offseason and the improvement in talent would culminate in Golden letting the dogs loose finally. Sept 1st was such a letdown for me

I can't believe Al has let all the NJ Drive thugs into our beloved program...I'm totally shocked and saddened.

Advertisement
Back