40 YEARS AND THE REALITY

daddacane

Senior
Forty years a Cane Fan and the reality of how far we've fallen hit me with this mornings AP Coaches Poll.. Fl.ST-Notre Dame-Clemson-UNC-Duke-Va.Tech-Louisville-Pitt-Boston College-NC State and Virginia all receiving votes.....Great for the league but means we're probably in a tight race with Ga. Tech-Wake Forest-and Syracuse for the DOORMAT TITLE...If this doesn't tighten up a CANE"S jockstrap I don't know what will...

Advertisement
I'll tell ya what, bub, that info right there just made my ******** pucker up like it was running a kissing booth.

I don't get it. If you've been a fan for 40+ years there should be a sense this is where we belong. I still remember the 5th down play vs. Tulane and all the Friday night dogfights with third tier programs, along with the occasional upset or near upset of a heavyweight.

Younger fans who inherited the program during the glory era had the false sense of entitlement and forever.

Advertisement
I don't get it. If you've been a fan for 40+ years there should be a sense this is where we belong. I still remember the 5th down play vs. Tulane and all the Friday night dogfights with third tier programs, along with the occasional upset or near upset of a heavyweight.

Younger fans who inherited the program during the glory era had the false sense of entitlement and forever.

Almost every program in the country started from nothing. To have reached the heights that we did and for this program to be where we are now with our location is a travesty.

305 should dominate.

Advertisement
Back