Golden and his bull**** contract

UMprodigy

Duke County Brah
I was so down for him to leave to Penn State but their no dummies, he used that and him not knowing about sanctions coming to leverage for an extension through I believe 2019? I'm I correct? If so, is there any vocabulary in that agreement were we can pull it or do we have to pay his fat *** out right to be able to let him go. Which if its the latter, good luck because university wont pull the trigger on that, foldin might be here longer then we want.

Advertisement
oh if we break his contract, best believe we will have to pay him out. That is why I'm resigned to the fact that he is here for another 2 to 3 years minimum. However that doesnt say that the administration can force him to cut bait with the dead weight. I mean they would have to have some leverage there right?!? I hope.

My bet is he takes a year off and then finds another gig. Golden sucks, but he's not gonna allow his career to fall by the way side. If he gets another gig, then hopefully the contract states that you don't have to pay him. If I'm the admin I take that risk.

unless you know the stipulations don't assume the buyout is unfavorable for us. In fact the extension was executed very quickly, unlike the Shantard 1 year negotiation, so I'd expect the buy out to be manageable. Kirby's former assistant AD told me after the Coker and Clark extensions the U would be very cautious in any extensions after the damage those did the the athletic department. Hence why Shantard's extension was a prolonged mess.

They made a huge mistake by not firing him for cause last year when he ditched the team to try to get the Penn State job.

However, both Coker and Shannon had extensions before they got fired too. If he's bad enough, they'll find the money to fire him. and like NMBCane said, we don't even know what the buyout says. It could be very manageable for UM (I suspect that it is, because he had such a long extension).

Advertisement
They made a huge mistake by not firing him for cause last year when he ditched the team to try to get the Penn State job.

However, both Coker and Shannon had extensions before they got fired too. If he's bad enough, they'll find the money to fire him. and like NMBCane said, we don't even know what the buyout says. It could be very manageable for UM (I suspect that it is, because he had such a long extension).
Can't believe James was handed a fresh start on a platter and didn't take it. Unless as others said the contract is favorable to UM and he wasn't worried about the money. Let's hope that's the case.

for cause? what was the cause? drugs/DUI? felony? violation of NCAA rules?

Lol

Advertisement

Lol

Is this guy serious?

Lol

Is this guy serious?

I don't know if that guy is serious, but I am serious. What cause did we have to fire Golden?

Lol

Is this guy serious?

I don't know if that guy is serious, but I am serious. What cause did we have to fire Golden?

Cause is determined by what cause is defined as in the contract. Cause would certainly cover some type of dereliction of duty, and UM would be well within their rights to fire a guy based on that when he was unreachable and was costing UM recruits.

Advertisement

Lol

Is this guy serious?

Sadly, a lot of the posters on this forum are serious

Lol

Is this guy serious?

Cause is determined by what cause is defined as in the contract. Cause would certainly cover some type of dereliction of duty, and UM would be well within their rights to fire a guy based on that when he was unreachable and was costing UM recruits.

that is a very weak argument and i would doubt his contract would have such language. regardless, knock on shalala's door and complain to her for not telling Golden about the NCAA scandal when he was interviewed and hired, which resulted in Golden being granted an extension until 2019.

As I recall, he was unavailable from Friday night until Sunday afternoon. Which recruits did we lose during that time? If it was grounds for termination, couldn't it still be used now?

Why do you think the administration decided not to fire him?

Advertisement
Of all the things to fire him over, this is probably the biggest stretch. You really think we were getting out of his contract, which we don't have the details of, so easily?

Come on now. Focus on the goal. If you want him out, get to work, stop wasting time on remote possibilities that are no longer available.

that is a very weak argument and i would doubt his contract would have such language. regardless, knock on shalala's door and complain to her for not telling Golden about the NCAA scandal when he was interviewed and hired, which resulted in Golden being granted an extension until 2019.

that is such a pathetic line. we as fans knew about the allegations but didnt think they would be legit. then yahoo broke their BS soap opera drama.

he had as much info as was available at the time. not the schools fault

:jordan:

You have no clue what you're talking about.

As I recall, he was unavailable from Friday night until Sunday afternoon. Which recruits did we lose during that time? If it was grounds for termination, couldn't it still be used now?

Why do you think the administration decided not to fire him?

1330212.jpg

Advertisement
Back