4 star DB Ben Edwards has The U in his top 5

Hstokes1447

Junior
Miami offered Trinity Christian High School DB Ben Edwards (same school as 4 star DT Ken Norton), 2 weeks ago and are already in his top 5.

Top 5 in no order
The U
Stanford
UCLA
North Carolina
Ohio State

The U is the only school from Florida and his parents do not want him far away from home. He said Stanford & UCLA are in the lead now but Miami being in Florida could change things quickly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We are in the top 5 for a lot of 4 & 5 star kids. I truly believe if Brad looks good and we have a 10 win season, we will close with a top 5 class. Several current commits will be shown the door to make room for more studs.

This 2015 class is turning around very quickly.

We are in the top 5 for a lot of 4 & 5 star kids. I truly believe if Brad looks good and we have a 10 win season, we will close with a top 5 class. Several current commits will be shown the door to make room for more studs.

This 2015 class is turning around very quickly.

Agreed. We could very well play ourselves into a top class especially with the kids that are beginning to commit.

This jjust made my morning, between him at 1 safety spot as that heavy hitter and JJ as the playmaker? Perfect combo, this kid will scare tf out of wrs and rbs that come near him and be a big key to our defense if we can get him. First game is tomorrow boys!!!!!

Advertisement
This jjust made my morning, between him at 1 safety spot as that heavy hitter and JJ as the playmaker? Perfect combo, this kid will scare tf out of wrs and rbs that come near him and be a big key to our defense if we can get him. First game is tomorrow boys!!!!!

Omg that would be filthy.

This a is a good sign. I commend Golden and Co. for trying to get into this area at Trinity...Come play for the U!

Doesn't kevin toliver go to that school

Yes, that team is loaded there is one 5 star, three 4 stars, and five 3 stars on that defense. My brother trains several of them at The Hitt center in Jacksonville. This issue is they have a horrible coach and they lose a lot of games to less talented teams.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Miami offered Trinity Christian High School DB Ben Edwards (same school as 4 star DT Ken Norton), 2 weeks ago and are already in his top 5.

Top 5 in no order
The U
Stanford
UCLA
North Carolina
Ohio State

The U is the only school from Florida and his parents do not want him far away from home. He said Stanford & UCLA are in the lead now but Miami being in Florida could change things quickly.

Don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but the common denominator of this list is good academics. We are not at the same level as Stanford or UCLA. Hopefully location does make a difference.

Advertisement

Top 5 in no order
The U
Stanford
UCLA
North Carolina
Ohio State

Don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but the common denominator of this list is good academics. We are not at the same level as Stanford or UCLA. Hopefully location does make a difference.

Seriously? and O$U is?

Top 5 in no order
The U
Stanford
UCLA
North Carolina
Ohio State

Seriously? and O$U is?

In the US News and World Report Rankings, we are #47 and OSU is #52. Not as big a difference as you would think. (Source)

Meanwhile, Stanford is #5, UCLA is #23, and UNC is #30. While these rankings aren't gospel, I would say there are three tiers in the schools he is looking at -- Stanford in a league of its own, UCLA and UNC, then us and OSU. It looks like academics is something he cares about, and thankfully we are good enough to be in the mix. Houtxcane is just saying that he hopes academic prestige does not override other possible advantages UM has, like location.

If a player has a legit offer from Stanford, he's crazy for not taking it.

That's the one school I don't have a problem losing a recruit to.

Advertisement
Back