Claude George reacts to Barrow's departure

Nash Williams

Freshman
2015 Hutchinson Community College OLB Claude George has been committed to Miami since late June. A big reason was for his relationship with former linebackers coach Michael Barrow.

When I spoke with George on Friday morning, he had yet to hear about Barrow stepping down. He was shocked to say the least.

"It could impact my decision. He was a great coach and one of the big reasons I committed was to play under his coaching. It's just a huge blow," George said via text.

Advertisement
You commit to the school not the coach. Barrow left on this own terms to take care of a more important family matter. If this decision makes George de-commit, then maybe George was not meant to play at the U.

You commit to the school not the coach. Barrow left on this own terms to take care of a more important family matter. If this decision makes George de-commit, then maybe George was not meant to play at the U.

Kids commit to play for coaches all over the country. Thats why assistant coaches who can recruit get paid a ****load of money.

Advertisement
I'd be concerned if not for the fact that we have Hurlie stepping in who kids seem to like as much, if not more, than Barrow.

Kids commit to play for coaches all over the country. Thats why assistant coaches who can recruit get paid a ****load of money.
Exactly. See Joseph Yearby.

we'll see how George feels after speaking with Hurlie. from everything we here Hurlie is one of the best recruiters we have on staff

Why hasn't this staff (or Barrow before he left) reached out to these kids to let them know what is going on?!

Advertisement

This is an accurate statement.

Kids build relationships with the coaches that recruit them, those relationships are a big reason kids commit to certain schools.

Advertisement
Anyone know why Mike left yet

his mother is very ill

I don't buy that because this kid would not be upset if he thought barrow left for that reason........... why be upset with the school if barrow mom is I'll we can't control that and more than likely unless barrow said otherwise as soon as his mom got better he would just come back

his mother is very ill

I don't buy that because this kid would not be upset if he thought barrow left for that reason........... why be upset with the school if barrow mom is I'll we can't control that and more than likely unless barrow said otherwise as soon as his mom got better he would just come back

The kid just found out. Reading is fundamental. He clearly hasn't spoken to Barrow yet.

Advertisement

his mother is very ill

He didn't sound upset to me. He said it was a huge blow which is understandable when you build a relationship. Not the same as being upset, imo.

Not worried about him or Perry given the circumstances of the departure and who is filling the role. I will say that it seems like an odd time to reach out to a kid for an interview. Give Barrow and Hurlie a chance to reach out and then see how the kid feels. Otherwise you are just stirring up things with the recruit and our dramatic fan base.

Either way, it will all blow over in a few days.

Advertisement
Back