Jimmy Gaines

Advertisement
Not sure I follow.
Gaines started and was underwhelming in a defense that is designed for the LBs to flourish in which he did not.
And as a result didn't get drafted.

What's happening now in Buffalo could be what happened at Miami in that Gaines is an awesome practice player. He's smart, obedient, likeable personality which all cuases him to fall in a coaches favor. But when real game time comes he underperformes. Where before in practice he was at the right spot cuase he learned the playbook and picked up the offenses tendencies in real games his lack of ability and instincts render him average to below.
Thus he's not a playmaker or difference maker at any level which is what our defense needed.
Like I said coaches love this type of player if for anything else his attitude smarts and personality make him dependable.
He can make the team on this alone and find a career as a special teams deamon.

Advertisement
Not sure I follow.
Gaines started and was underwhelming in a defense that is designed for the LBs to flourish in which he did not.

What's happening now in Buffalo could be what happened at Miami in that Gaines is an awesome practice player. He's smart, obedient, likeable personality which all cuases him to fall in a coaches favor. But when real game time comes he underperformes. Where before in practice he was at the right spot cuase he learned the playbook and picked up the offenses tendencies in real games his lack of ability and instincts render him average to below.
Thus he's not a playmaker or difference maker at any level which is what our defense needed.
Like I said coaches love this type of player if for anything else his attitude smarts and personality make him dependable.

U need to cut the crap. Yall said he had no talent, was Randy waste, all type of names you guys called these players to defend No D. Nothing special happened than he went to Buffalo, they immediately spotted what he was good at and let him have at it. F'king simple. Thats what they do in the NFL and most successful programs.

Not sure I follow.
Covering slot receivers?
Yup. He'll have to do that in the NFL. Kudos to Golden and staff for exposing him to it.

Some LBs are asked to cover a slow receiver depending on the coverage they're running, a good example would be New England with Jamie Collins and how they had him covering the opposing teams receiver especially in the playoffs vs the colts. Even at Oregon Chip Kelly had Dion Jordan cover the opposing teams WRs and TEs, Jordan even did so with the Dolphins for a few amount of times. Lets not act like Miami is the only team on the earth that has LBs covering slot receivers almost at one point in the game a LB will cover a receiver.

The focus is the great story of Jimmy Gaines potentially making an nfl roster as an UFA.

Not sure I follow.

U need to cut the crap. Yall said he had no talent, was Randy waste, all type of names you guys called these players to defend No D. Nothing special happened than he went to Buffalo, they immediately spotted what he was good at and let him have at it. F'king simple. Thats what they do in the NFL and most successful programs.

To be fair The Bills currently have no depth at OLB with Kiko being out for the year so its not shocking to see him get reps with first team defense at all, Gaines lacks athletic abilities but smart player probably the one short coming he had.

Hopefully he makes the best out the opportunity and counties to put on for the U

Advertisement
lol at using a three paragraph article written in July to somehow show that JG was mis-managed at Miami. I wish the best for him, but the odds say he won't make it. Teams do this all the time to motivate other players.

Not sure I follow.

To be fair The Bills currently have no depth at OLB with Kiko being out for the year so its not shocking to see him get reps with first team defense at all, Gaines lacks athletic abilities but smart player probably the one short coming he had.

Hopefully he makes th e best out the opportunity and counties to put on for the U

You see a player like London Fletcher-Baker? Long time starter for Buffalo and the Redskins. The NFL coaches know where to put players. Depth or no depth you have to show something to be with the ones. All our players look terrible playing our defense. Every single one of them.

Not sure I follow.
Covering slot receivers?
Yup. He'll have to do that in the NFL. Kudos to Golden and staff for exposing him to it.

Some LBs are asked to cover a slow receiver depending on the coverage they're running, a good example would be New England with Jamie Collins and how they had him covering the opposing teams receiver especially in the playoffs vs the colts. Even at Oregon Chip Kelly had Dion Jordan cover the opposing teams WRs and TEs, Jordan even did so with the Dolphins for a few amount of times. Lets not act like Miami is the only team on the earth that has LBs covering slot receivers almost at one point in the game a LB will cover a receiver.
Here is the thing... at one point in the game.

Not our case since coach D took over...

lol at using a three paragraph article written in July to somehow show that JG was mis-managed at Miami. I wish the best for him, but the odds say he won't make it. Teams do this all the time to motivate other players.

Seriously. This whole thread is a reach.

Advertisement
Not sure I follow.
Covering slot receivers?

Yeah difference is, our players was not doing a good job at it, yet we still persisted with it. Dion Jordan is fast as a Gizzel, Jimmy Gaines....not so much

Not sure I follow.

Cut what crap? Again. HE STARTED HERE.. It's not like we was overlooked by the staff only to be discovered by an NFL team.
So obviously Golden and staff valued him and developed him to the point where he can contribute, albeit barely, but at least he didn't go to waste. Correct me if I'm wrong but Gaines first saw action in 2011 in the first game of the season vs Maryland.
Anyhow, Buffalo has him playing at weakside now compared to the middle where he played here. Maybe weakside is where he belonged all along but due to shoddy recruiting by Golden's predecessor Giolden was forced to play in at Middle where he struggled at times.
I know you want to jump on anything where you can bash the coaches but sorry this aint one of those times.
Let's just all enjoy the Gaines story and pull for him to succeed at the next level. It would be great for him and this program.

Reminds me of when certain guys used to use Randy Phillips Detroit Lions preseason games to validate Shannons recruiting prowess.

Advertisement
Something we must remember about Jimmy Gaines...... He might be a late bloomer. He came to Miami as a 16 year old. He's only 21 now. That's when most guys would be in their Redshirt Sophomore year. Think about the late college career explosions where a player has a great Junior or Senior year and we all realize, oh he is a great prospect. Gaines may still grow physically and while proven not instinctual during college, practice makes perfect. He may just get it down in the league. I hope the best for the young man.

Reminds me of when certain guys used to use Randy Phillips Detroit Lions preseason games to validate Shannons recruiting prowess.

:ibisroflmao:

Gaines may have gotten a little too big here which probably worsened his athletic limits. I wouldn't expect him to be a major player for any nfl team not depleted by injuries. This reminds a bit of spencer Adkins playing some in the preseason prompting all the posts of how he was mismanaged. Nonetheless it does look as though he might've been under appreciated here. If anything it might be an eye-opener for those on the "we'll be so much better there now that Gaines is gone" train where some seldom-seen guy is always better than the longtime starter.

Let him go try and push people out of bounds for the Bills. He was a MLB here who played a ton the last 2 years and had horrible stats.

Advertisement
Back