Seriously, 2015 class

#26-MEAST

Junior
At this rate we're gonna have 49 kids give us their verbal. It's going to be interesting once the season gets started. If we start winning big, Al better push out some of these kids for better quality prospects. Good problem to have I guess.

Advertisement
I think we have gotten used to nobody wanting to come that they are still talking to everyone like its still the same way.they really need to control who commits better.

I think its more they dont want to get caught at the end missing out on big time prospects and having nothing. Lost jc, powell, valentine,and cook all towards the end and didnt replace any of them. But thats just my two cents.

Advertisement
Why does nobody realize how good this is? UM has the control now because all of these kids committed and we have backup plans no matter what and if we get who we really want then we let somebody go as long as it isnt late in the process but why trip? This is a great thing

I think its more they dont want to get caught at the end missing out on big time prospects and having nothing. Lost jc, powell, valentine,and cook all towards the end and didnt replace any of them. But thats just my two cents.

Agreed. I'll take the problem of having to take on early commitments and push some out as better players come along. It's nothing like shooting for plan A and B kids, while ignoring C and D and ending up with E or later.

Who's complaining? I'm just wondering how the staff will manage this. I want our team to be successful. The commits are great. It's just wild how on fire we've been.

Advertisement
Dont worry about scholly numbers. that **** usually works itself out. attrition etc..

Who's complaining? I'm just wondering how the staff will manage this. I want our team to be successful. The commits are great. It's just wild how on fire we've been.

Plenty of possible upgrading for 2015. I assume it will get done if presented. The big positive to all these 2015 commits is the staff has time to be obviously kicking everyone rear end for the 2016 class. I have never seen us with more than a recruit or 2 this early for the next class. I remember something about Al's camps being aimed at the middle school kids. Now several years down the road and suddenly we have top ranked recruits who were in 8th grade 3 years ago(I think I have that math right). I have no idea if any of these kids came to the camps but I am at loss to explain 2016.

Here is my take on this... Of course you want the best bang for your buck.. the best kid possible...but you also have to consider the future by not burning ties to pipelines.. ex recruit A early commit 3 star...later on you get commit from B top 100 4 star... you bump A to get B... if A is of a pipeline school they will have bad feelings and push their future kids away from Miami. IMO if we can make do with A then I say take him to maitain pipeline alliances. If this happen enough kids start making their commitments sooner...but playing the devil's advocate there will be alot more flipping... I will do exactly like staff did with Shaq...they told him we love yah...would love to have yah but we need three LBs on your class... and in so many words told him those that commit to UM, UM will commit to them...the seats on the bus are filling up fast

Advertisement
There's going to have to be several current commits pushed out in the coming months. If St. Louis and Loftus commit to Miami this week, as expected, we'll already have 21 verbal commits (not including Walton)...

- 0 DBs.
- We need 1 more TE, preferably Jaason Lewis instead of Clarington.
- We need more quality at DT.
- There will have to be plenty of turnover at OL, where a bunch of these guys are questionable takes aside from St. Louis. Especially if better talent like Milo, Merrick, and/or Dowdy want to commit.
- We may have turnover at WR as well. There's no way we should take any more than 3 this year and the only one I'd hate to lose is Chatman.
- We could conceivably upgrade from George and Gordinier at LB.

Yeah the coaches should have done a better job managing the Oline scholarships. That just puts us in a bad situation where we have to push kids out. The hb situation won't be too clear until the end of the season. Also I hope we don't get more than 3 wars this class. Honestly I'm not all that impressed with the guys we have commited. I'd take Cain and Ridley in an instant, but we'd need to pull 2 from other guys. Personally I like the 2016 we crop better, so I'd rather take less this class and more next. Still who we bring in at fb decides if this class was a success or not.

Advertisement
They should've been much more selective with OL recruiting and they shouldn't have added Joe Brown/Tyler Grimsley after NSD if they wanted to take so many linemen in this cycle.

When Loftus announces later this afternoon, we'll have 5 OL commits and none of them should be of higher priority than St. Louis, Merrick, Milo, or Dowdy. And we appear to be in the lead for three of those four. Not sure which way Merrick is leaning, but he's arguably the best of the bunch.

They could've avoided having to push several guys out at the position if they were more selective with accepting commits.

They should've been much more selective with OL recruiting and they shouldn't have added Joe Brown/Tyler Grimsley after NSD if they wanted to take so many linemen in this cycle.

When Loftus announces later this afternoon, we'll have 5 OL commits and none of them should be of higher priority than St. Louis, Merrick, Milo, or Dowdy. And we appear to be in the lead for three of those four. Not sure which way Merrick is leaning, but he's arguably the best of the bunch.

They could've avoided having to push several guys out at the position if they were more selective with accepting commits.

I don't have a problem with pushing kids out. Is it ideal? No but recruiting is an ugly game. Brown is the only one who is at a pipeline school so it shouldn't cause too many waves.

Bring in the best, push out the lesser prospects. I'm guessing one of the reason for the early takes is not having to take a Brown/Grimsley after signing day (didn't like either).

Now with JJ committed that puts us with 22 in this class ( not including Walton). Coach Al said he was expecting prob 26 in this class only leaving us with 3-4 more spots to fill if walton stays in 2016. I know we're in quite a few "top 5 list". Whose gonna take those spots? And who would get cut off if we wanted to make more room?

Advertisement
Back