How many OL commits will be in the 2015 class?

CanesSwaGG

Recruit
I've been meaning to post something like this for a while now, so let me just get down to the point. in are 2015 class we have 4 OL commit, 2 OT & 2 OG. I feel that the staff needs to make space for some other OL prospects if they decided that Miami is the place for them.

Geron Christian (3 star)
Tyler Gauthier (3 star)
Hayden Mahoney (3 star)
Leeward Brown (3 star)

Potential Commits (maybe who knows)
Bar Milo (4 star) Chaminade (CA) Brad Kayaa's high school. has a good relationship with Miami OL commit Hayden Mahoney & he keeps hearing great things from Kayaa about the school.
Jalen Merrick (3 star) anything can happen with this kids recruitment, everyday theres a new chystal ball on him, its ultimalty going to come down to Miami,Florida & FSU
Tyree St.Louis (3 star) Great Talent all around with this kid, but Miami will have to somehow beat Florida for his commitment.
Brandon Loftus (3 star) Miami looks like the Front runner in his recruitment & hes going to make his anncouncemt sometime in the upcoming days i believe please correct me.

Advertisement
I don't think Christian or Gauthier will stick if we land Milo/Merrick/Loftus. Brown is in as the only real interior guy and Miramar pipeline kid. Mahoney would still be a take IMO. Let's see how it goes. Getting Milo and one of those targets makes me feel a lot better about our OL class. We graduate 3 starters this year and need quality coming in.

WiFo. I would take the 4 best guys available. If you want to make cuts to the current roster, that is a different story.
I think 4 sets us up nicely.

Couple Merrick and Milo, with Mahoney and Brown and ill be perfectly content. Give me Loftus too becuz im a greedy SOB. Go canes!

Advertisement
I don't think Christian or Gauthier will stick if we land Milo/Merrick/Loftus. Brown is in as the only real interior guy and Miramar pipeline kid. Mahoney would still be a take IMO. Let's see how it goes. Getting Milo and one of those targets makes me feel a lot better about our OL class. We graduate 3 starters this year and need quality coming in.

I was thinking the same thing, all staffs always tell kids that they dont have a spot for them in the class. but i hope it doesnt blow up like the whole Trevill Holcy situation

We are also in the running for Dowdy.

I think we take 4, but it will be a different mix than we currently have.

Advertisement
Advertisement
2015 Westerville South (OH) OL Rob Dowdy tweeted today his number one school is Miami. West Virginia, NC State, and Michigan State follow.

Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1600559/rob-dowdy

This kid wants an OSU offer but they want him to camp first. He is most likely put off by that since he camped there multiple times over the years so they should know what he can do, also they didn't let him know earlier this spring he would have to camp for an offer.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football-recruiting/2014/03/34388/rob-dowdy-checks-out-buckeyes-again

He put out a top 5 list with only 4 schools leaving the 5th spot as open for guess who. Think this kid is slow playing UM to get a OSU offer. Or if they offer last minute he will flip so I say pass there is to much risk.

Go Canes

Last edited:
2015 Westerville South (OH) OL Rob Dowdy tweeted today his number one school is Miami. West Virginia, NC State, and Michigan State follow.

More reasons why we should not take loftus, this is what I meant by if the staff is patient, OLinemen will come.

This. No offense to the kid, but he has WAY more work to do than anyone else we have committed or on our board.

Loftus is way better then that kid, I would take Mahoney over him. Please staff do not take his commit if he decides to play here.

More reasons why we should not take loftus, this is what I meant by if the staff is patient, OLinemen will come.

This. No offense to the kid, but he has WAY more work to do than anyone else we have committed or on our board.

Loftus is way better then that kid, I would take Mahoney over him. Please staff do not take his commit if he decides to play here.

Been reading on other sites from people who have watched Loftus play,they can't believe miami will take him.Exact words were he's awful.

Advertisement

Been reading on other sites from people who have watched Loftus play,they can't believe miami will take him.Exact words were he's awful.
I can tell you this, I played against Godby High and i know they have excellent coaching and players. if he was not good enough to start there he wouldnt be no matter what size he is.from what i seen he can play.

Go CANES!!!
410.jpg

If we happen to land Merrick, Milo, and/or Dowdy -- as well as someone like Loftus who some seem to be pretty down on -- it'll be interesting to see which ones get pushed out in the coming months.

And the potential number of OL commits makes the decision to add Joe Brown and Tyler Grimsley after NSD even more confusing. The numbers will likely work themselves out, but still...

Advertisement
Back