Nigel Bethel To Be Formally Charged

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
About that narrative some of you apologists were trying to advance yesterday....

@ByTimReynolds: Police at Texas Tech say Nigel Bethel's attack on women's basketball player included "hands, fists, feet, etc." Formal charge coming.

Advertisement
That's terrible. Hate to see a kid throw away his future, especially when it causes harm to others. No matter who it is

Wow. Of course he should be formally charged. Punching and kicking a women, for real!? What ever happened to the pim* smack? Sorry. Seriously, it's nice to see TTech police do it the right way instead of our buddies up in Tally. Still SMDH.

Advertisement
I hope she recovers from her injuries and I hope this kid gets his sh*t together after he pays his penance.

Advertisement
I hope the prosecute to the fullest. It sounds like a freakin all out assault on the girl...smfh

I think it's alot deeper than what they are reporting, I know most of the Booker T. and Overtown kids and Nigel is one quiet and humble kid. Yeah what he did was unacceptable and a cowardly act, I just hope he gets the helps he needs to get through this. I feel for the woman and both families involved.

It kinda sounds like they may have viewed some surveillance tapes as I'm assuming that even Lubbock has joined the rest of us in 2014 and put cameras everywhere.

I made a joke of a fake tweet yesterday about Marshall but there are quotes in the Herald by Ice about schools already reaching out. A) Ice should shut up about this other than a generic statement condemning violence and B) the NCAA shouldn't allow a transfer if you have a pending felony case. But back to Ice- he needs to realize he's in a different position now. Shut your mouth and if you want to be loyal or talk to the kid then do it quietly and privately. We don't need any public connection to this kid.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The thing that stood out to me - in a very bad way - were his initial remarks on twitter. Words to the effect that "bad things happen to me." For starters, WTH are you doing talking about a potential crime on twitter. But even worse, it indicates that he is not taking responsibility for his actions.

Hope she heals first and foremost. And I hope he is remorseful - not for "what happened to him," which is nonsense - for his inexcusable behavior, assuming the reports are accurate.

He had a promising career in track. You don't win all Dade and not be a stud in track. But he was going to get ****ted on as a corner I'm sorry , he benefited from Chad and d jax pass rush.

Advertisement
What I don't get is if the best case scenario for him is even remotely true- that she "assaulted" him first from behind and he turned and blindly connected with a haymaker not knowing it wasn't a dude- then why not instantly go public with that story once this blows up? An uber remorseful kid in tears offering to fall on a sword of whatever punishment while insisting that he didn't know it was a woman would have played much better than crying on Twitter and then hiding as other people are left to half-assedly try to defend you. Makes any reasonable person think there's more to this story and it might not be good for Bethel.

It kinda sounds like they may have viewed some surveillance tapes as I'm assuming that even Lubbock has joined the rest of us in 2014 and put cameras everywhere.

I made a joke of a fake tweet yesterday about Marshall but there are quotes in the Herald by Ice about schools already reaching out. A) Ice should shut up about this other than a generic statement condemning violence and B) the NCAA shouldn't allow a transfer if you have a pending felony case. But back to Ice- he needs to realize he's in a different position now. Shut your mouth and if you want to be loyal or talk to the kid then do it quietly and privately. We don't need any public connection to this kid.

Coach Ice will protect his players, no matter what. He's a father figure to alot of kids at Booker T. The man speaks from the heart, he's is as real as it gets. The Herald bugs him about this story and calls him all day to get his statement.

If you coached a player on your team, and a incident happened, and the media drags the players name in the mud, will you protect a 18 year old boy that's like a son to you? He's no "Politically Correct" type person. It's just something he's not.

Advertisement
Back