OT: Nigel Bethel thread...Now Reinstated...Video included

Lady Raider star Amber Battle is expected to have surgery after she was hit in the face by an incoming Tech football player following an incident Saturday at Texas Tech’s recreation center, the Avalanche-Journal has learned.

During a basketball game, freshman cornerback Nigel Bethel II reportedly punched Battle in the face, breaking a bone, the A-J has learned.

Blayne Beal, a Tech spokesman, confirmed there was an incident between two student athletes Saturday afternoon at the recreation center. Beal said campus officials are gathering information from both parties.

Tech women’s basketball coach Candi Whitaker said she was unable to comment Saturday evening.

http://m.lubbockonline.com/filed-online/2014-06-28/battle-hit-face-tech-football-recruit

He apparently decommitted from us because he wanted a "real college experience". Well buddy welcome to real life.

Advertisement
Wut
in
the
wooorrrrlllddd.....

come on son. never lay your hands on a woman bro.. smfh..

Saturday, June 28, 2014
Battle hit in face by Tech football recruit
By SARAH RAFIQUE AND DON WILLIAMS
A-J MEDIA

Stephen Spillman / A-J Media, file
Texas Tech's Amber Battle shoots over West Virginia's Taylor Palmer during a game in January. Battle is expected to have surgery after she was hit in the face by an incoming Tech football player following an incident Saturday at Texas Tech’s recreation center.
Login to post a comment
Lady Raider star Amber Battle is expected to have surgery after she was hit in the face by an incoming Tech football player following an incident Saturday at Texas Tech’s recreation center, the Avalanche-Journal has learned.

During a basketball game, freshman cornerback Nigel Bethel II reportedly punched Battle in the face, breaking a bone, the A-J has learned.

Blayne Beal, a Tech spokesman, confirmed there was an incident between two student athletes Saturday afternoon at the recreation center. Beal said campus officials are gathering information from both parties.

Tech women’s basketball coach Candi Whitaker said she was unable to comment Saturday evening.

Following the incident, Battle posted to Twitter, “Pray for me y’all.” She later posted, “Thank y’all for the calls, texts and visits.”

From a Lubbock location Saturday evening, a Twitter account under the name Nigel Bethel II had a post that said, “Trouble always seems to find me ... ”

Tech spokesman Chris Cook said a police report was not complete as of Saturday evening as the investigation is still ongoing.

“(It) likely won’t be ready before Monday,” he said.

Battle was the Lady Raiders’ leading scorer last season, averaging 16.4 points per game. She also averaged a team-high 7.4 rebounds. She’s a 5 foot, 9 inch guard from Albuquerque, New Mexico, and has one year of eligibility remaining.

Bethel is a 5-9 cornerback from Miami, Florida, Booker T. Washington High School. He signed with Tech in February and is one of the team’s more highly regarded freshmen.

sarah.rafique@lubbockonline.com

Advertisement
Hope they kick his dumb@ss out. This isn't one of the regular student body, who can be nameless...lol, this is the Leading Scorer on the women's bball team...I wouldn't have it, what kind of message would you be sending by keeping him?

I'm curious to see how this pans out, if true he needs his @ss swipe smdh, I wonder how the older players on tech football will handle it, being in the middle of nowhere probably has him losing his mind.

Advertisement
Even though we lack signing dbs I was so happy he decommited. He is going to get demolished in the big 12. With those big recievers and he was so overrated. I wouldn't wish this is nobody but he had to pay the consequences.

Even though we lack signing dbs I was so happy he decommited. He is going to get demolished in the big 12. With those big recievers and he was so overrated. I wouldn't wish this is nobody but he had to pay the consequences.

He beats a women and you type this ^^ ? Lol clown

Advertisement
Coward, str8 coward. NO reason to ever hit a woman. Ever. I don't give a **** what she may have done.

From a Lubbock location Saturday evening, a Twitter account under the name Nigel Bethel II had a post that said, “Trouble always seems to find me ... ”

497.jpg

Advertisement
She probably schooled his *** on the court and he took exception. Those lady red raiders talk mad **** lmao.

he did not de-commit from us because he didn't want to be here.. he got the hint out program wasn't that interested and he wanted to get some playing time.. don't hate on the kid.

now for punching a girl in the face....unless she had 45 pointed at his head...this kid will end up at FAU if he is lucky

Might end up the Willie Williams route....vanishing into obscurity at Jucos and Div III.

What a mess for this young kid. Who was that DB who stole laptops a few years ago at UM? What's happened to him?

Remember Adrian Wilson, the big DT who pushed his girlfried down the stairs, or something along those lines? Where's he now?

Advertisement
Back