Do we get Irvin Charles?

Advertisement
Well he discuss where Miami sits in this article Today, if someone would be gracious enough to post details. He previously stated UM was his leader (which was a surprise, but that's what the rivals article said). He is a very mature and well spoken young man.

Irvin Charles

Go Canes

[video=youtube;ONw__EsXIrw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONw__EsXIrw[/video]

Last edited:
Charles said he was misquoted -- Miami is "in his top" but not "at the top."

He's high on Miami and will narrow his list to 8-10 in June. Miami will definitely make it.

Sounds like we are top 2 or 3, at least. Very talented WR.

Advertisement
4.jpg:large

Advertisement
Advertisement
Do we like Charles or Devante Peete more?

Im taking peete hands down.. 2 me peete is the most underrated WR in the nation great hands good body control great speed in his highlight tape he was separating from guys One play he caught a screen amd took it about 50 yards that kid is a big time player

Advertisement
Charles, rated a 4-star recruit by 247Sports, identified seven top schools during the final month of May. Still eight months away from national signing day, he determined Miami, Louisville, Michigan State, Maryland, Penn State, South Carolina and Florida would be at the forefront moving forward.

Going public about the favorites wasn't something he rushed.

"It's been a long process determining that list," Charles said. "I had a lot of people help me reach this decision. I just looked at it from a standpoint of playing time—that's first and foremost—a school that wins and a place that will fit my comfort zone. That's why I trimmed it down to those seven."

The rising senior from Paul VI High School in Haddonfield, New Jersey left several squads off his list of top collegiate options. Alabama, Ohio State, Tennessee and in-state Rutgers are among programs that now look like long shots to sign Charles, although he explained that not every team outside the top seven is necessarily eliminated.

"Anything can happen," he said. "Nothing is final or set in stone, but these are the schools that have really separated themselves from the others."

Charles, who caught 49 passes for 848 yards and 11 touchdowns last season, has visited Penn State several times. He plans to return this summer, while also journeying to the campuses of his other six favorites.

The versatile playmaker detailed his thought process regarding each of the top seven programs, sharing what stands out about each option.

Penn State

"It's about the vibe at Penn State. The fan support and everything about it. I've been up to Penn State multiple times, and I've never been disappointed. Not just from a football standpoint, but how everyone in the area loves the football team and how Coach Franklin is doing. I know they're going to do big things. Everyone wants to be a part of the next big thing."

The Nittany Lions extended an offer to Charles in mid-February, just a few days after the team landed fellow 4-star Southern New Jersey receiver Juwan Johnson, who remains the only committed pass-catcher. Penn State has feasted in this region when it comes to recruiting, so it's no surprise to see another standout compelled by the program.

Charles is projected to sign with Penn State by 53 percent of expert predictions in 247Sports' Crystal Ball.

Miami

"I think really highly of the Hurricanes because of what they've done in the past and what they're capable of doing in the future. I like how (wide receivers) coach (Brennan) Carroll does things. I like their philosophy down there, with freshman being able to compete with the first-team players. You can come in early and compete for a starting job."

The Hurricanes joined this race relatively late, extending an offer in April. Miami enjoyed a strong spring on the recruiting trail, with 4-star talents Dexter Williams (running back) and Dwayne Lawson (quarterback) committing to the team.

Miami trails only Penn State in 247Sports' Crystal Ball projections for Charles. The Hurricanes are predicted to sign him by 29 percent of experts.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...als-top-7-favorites-breaking-down-his-options

Don't think we get Charles. Ends in a close 2nd behind Penn State. But my predicted receiver class always been.

Ridley, Peete, and Spence.

And Durante if he's eligible.

Always thought Phillips would follow Cook to FSU and still feel the same about it.

Think we have a shot at Cain pending our season and our recruitment of him.

Realistically my mind telling me that its Ridley, Peete and Spence

My heart tells me we could land 4 of these 5 in Ridley, Cain, Spence, Peete and Durante.

Advertisement
Back