Stop worrrying about Bama and SFLA recruits......

267.jpg

Alabama doesn't pay players.....GTFOH

Advertisement
Not saying that they don't pay players, but he seemed to be talking about agents, which happens at every school with any player that's worth a ****.

If we were good at recruiting we wouldn't have hired coley or ice. We also wouldn't have hired Cristobal. We aren't good at recruiting for many reasons and Golden knows it.

Advertisement
LSU paid Willie Lyles $6,000 for a few DVD's of game footage.

Four of the discs contain video of players that was publicly available on YouTube at the time LSU says it first began receiving video from CSS; one disc contains clips of nine players identical to video on scout.com; and two discs contain highlight packages from online sports video companies.

The last disc was actually a bootleg Tyler Perry movie.

That's worth $6K alone.

If we were good at recruiting we wouldn't have hired coley or ice. We also wouldn't have hired Cristobal. We aren't good at recruiting for many reasons and Golden knows it.

What are those reasons?
My guess and probably the biggest hurdle for the staff is the product on the field. In goldens first 3 years he sold play time and bringing Miami back. Well play time is not as easy to come anymore. As for brringing Miami back your on field product should be your sell and that's goldens problem. He can't sell the onfield product cause it's not good.

So what is there to sell these kids if play time is more constrained and after 3 seasons there has been little to no improvement.

That UL game really hurt golden in more ways than some of us may have realized. Even when we were undefeated it was great but there was that lingering doubt cause of how the team played. The four losses that followed eliminated most of the doubt from most fans and possibly many recruits minds. Good luck recruiting in that situation.

Advertisement

What are those reasons?
My guess and probably the biggest hurdle for the staff is the product on the field. In goldens first 3 years he sold play time and bringing Miami back. Well play time is not as easy to come anymore. As for brringing Miami back your on field product should be your sell and that's goldens problem. He can't sell the onfield product cause it's not good.

So what is there to sell these kids if play time is more constrained and after 3 seasons there has been little to no improvement.

That UL game really hurt golden in more ways than some of us may have realized. Even when we were undefeated it was great but there was that lingering doubt cause of how the team played. The four losses that followed eliminated most of the doubt from most fans and possibly many recruits minds. Good luck recruiting in that situation.

Excellent points and I agree with most of what you said.

I'm still curious about the unspecified reasons Andrew said the current staff is not good at recruiting. Seems as if he is implying that it is more than just the on the field product. I'm hoping he will clarify his statement.

What are those reasons?

Excellent points and I agree with most of what you said.

I'm still curious about the unspecified reasons Andrew said the current staff is not good at recruiting. Seems as if he is implying that it is more than just the on the field product. I'm hoping he will clarify his statement.

NVA pretty much nailed.

I can bet Mario Cristobal tells recruits he choose not to coach at his alma mater because he wanted to win and it is a business decision. No doubt he tells recruits to go where they can win and be developed Golden hasn't proven he can coach up talent here and that will be used against him. Look at our hires of Cristobal, Coley and Ice, they are all recruiters. Golden has a good pull from NJ last year but Coley recruited Dade county. The head coach should have more pull in his own backyard.

if we win next year all of this can be fixed and we can flip some of these guys that have committed elsewhere.

Advertisement
Bama isn't the reason we let up 90 points to VT and Duke. Bama isn't the reason we haven't won the coastal.

LSU doesn't pay for recruits. QUOTE]

Andrew this is just not true. I know a couple coaches that have confirmed that LSU as paid for these kids. Rashard Robinson was one of them. Pat Peterson another.

I heard it from an LSU source that I consider reliable that TV's recruitment involved not just LSU payment, but fending off rival bagmen. Nothing real groundbreaking here.

Andrew this is just not true. I know a couple coaches that have confirmed that LSU as paid for these kids. Rashard Robinson was one of them. Pat Peterson another.

I heard it from an LSU source that I consider reliable that TV's recruitment involved not just LSU payment, but fending off rival bagmen. Nothing real groundbreaking here.

I guess we will never know. Everyone has a source, just like multiple sources had Gruden to Miami.

Truth is some recruits probably get paid but they probably go out and search for it. If bagmen were walking around with bags of money then there would be more proof. A bunch of fake twitter accounts isn't proof either. No one that is committing this earlier is getting money. If anyone gets paid it is to make a last minute decision. Truth is Alabama and LSU don't need to pay player to convince them they got a better shot winning a title and making the league at those schools.

Advertisement

well. i know guys who paid some of our current players too.

stop with this bagmen stuff. our coaches just aren't that good at recruiting.

can you elaborate on this comment? not sure if i'm reading it the right way.

I guess we will never know. Everyone has a source, just like multiple sources had Gruden to Miami.

Truth is some recruits probably get paid but they probably go out and search for it. If bagmen were walking around with bags of money then there would be more proof. A bunch of fake twitter accounts isn't proof either. No one that is committing this earlier is getting money. If anyone gets paid it is to make a last minute decision. Truth is Alabama and LSU don't need to pay player to convince them they got a better shot winning a title and making the league at those schools.

Our fans point to twitter against other schools, but what do you think fans from a school like Rutgers feel like when one of their top targets Hester is tweeted by our commit Gayot, get that money, after he commits? CFB is crazy and so are its fans, but it's appalling how most just can't think objectively when it comes to their team. Every blue chip kid we lose down here was paid for but in the meantime what about kids like Artie that was committed to Bams early? Did we outbid Bama? I mean he obviously took the money and then returned it? How bout TV being committed to UL and UF first, did we outbid them only to get outbid by LSU?

can you elaborate on this comment? not sure if i'm reading it the right way.

Silly comment. So if Al was a good recruiter, he wouldve hired bad recruiters? I guess Texas is not a fertile recruiting ground. Thats why they hired Charlie Strong.

Advertisement
Back