A 2015 Georgia lineman gets a UM offer

View as article

Nash Williams

Freshman
As of late, the Miami Hurricanes staff has been offering 2015 offensive linemen left-and-right. One of those linemen is 2015 Coffee County (Ga.) offensive guard, Cole Minshew.

Minshew, who checks in at six-foot-four, 310-pounds, claimed the Hurricanes offer just a few days after National Signing Day and the offer just happened to be his first.

"My head coach told me that there was a college coach that came by for me. It was (Miami Hurricanes tight ends coach) Larry Scott," said Minshew in his deep southern accent. "So I called him and he basically told me had an offer for me."

Minshew added he really likes the vibe he gets from Larry Scott early on.

Being that it was his first offer, Minshew was ecstatic and plans to be down in Coral Gables for a junior day in March.

"It means a lot, especially since it was my first offer. They will definitely be in my top list of colleges," said Minshew.

While he doesn't have any offers besides the 'Canes, Minshew has been visited at school by the in-state Georgia Bulldogs, and the Alabama Crimson Tide.

"I'm really just looking for somewhere I feel like I'm at home," said Minshew. "Also I'm looking for great coaches, good facilities and stuff."

Cole and his team, the Coffee County Trojans, compete in arguably the toughest class of Georgia football, AAAAAA and compete very well.

"I'd say I play nasty. Just flat out aggressive and physical," said Minshew. "I always play hard and I'm always very loyal to the team."

While he isn't your prototypical lineman that Miami is use to recruiting, Minshew plays a very tough, hard-nosed,mane exciting brand of football.

He is a player, Al Golden's staff could develop and down the road be a starter.

I would compare Minshew a lot to current 'Cane offensive linemen, Alex Gall.

**Here are Cole's highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1523993/highlights/113129377

Advertisement
OL and TE looks to be getting off to a good start.
Golden said in the NSD presser that he wanted more OL and Miami will sign two TEs in the 2015 and it looks like they have gotten off to a good start

Get the olineman before the season with the qb and focus on everything else down the stretch. Get the core on offense together first

I love that we offered even before UGA. Our staff is out there crootin! Get on these kids and lock them early.

love his film..mihght type of guard...has nice hand placement and moves his feet....also athletic enough to get to the next level

Advertisement
Love film of attacking type OLinemen which is what we don't do on either side of the ball. We need to recruit and coach the guys to be more aggressive. Its appears to me we don't like or want to play nasty. Serious!

Not surprising if he committed to FSU--he's on the list for their junior day this weekend. If he's from south Georgia, that's an area that's easy for FSU to recruit and tough for us. It's a completely different world from south Florida. I'd surprised if we had a chance to flip him. I wish we could recruit north Florida, Alabama and Georgia the way FSU can recruit south Florida.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back