Peter - Jimbo Fisher Headed To Texas?

Advertisement
Lots of talk Jimbo is escaping Tallahassee after the bowl game.

http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-78512822/

Is this a big game changer if true? I still think they'll make a huge offer to Saban.

No way, its not gonna happen, he will just leverage FSU for more even though he just signed an extension. He has Winston coming back next year, no way he bounces on possibly winning back to back ships.......

Not so sure I agree. What more could he get by winning back to back ships then he would already be getting if TX wants him? The goal of winning ships is usually to leverage for a better job or more pay. TX is the pinnacle job and they will pay a shytload to get him if they want him.

Advertisement
Lots of talk Jimbo is escaping Tallahassee after the bowl game.

http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-78512822/

Is this a big game changer if true? I still think they'll make a huge offer to Saban.

No way, its not gonna happen, he will just leverage FSU for more even though he just signed an extension. He has Winston coming back next year, no way he bounces on possibly winning back to back ships.......

Not so sure I agree. What more could he get by winning back to back ships then he would already be getting if TX wants him? The goal of winning ships is usually to leverage for a better job or more pay. TX is the pinnacle job and they will pay a shytload to get him if they want him.

Well he is already getting paid 4.1 per year and FSU would pony up more if need be. Also money aint everything here, especially when you are already getting paid, I dont know bout you but winning ships and cementing a legacy is way more important in my eyes than squeezing out an additional mil in annual salary........

On the premium Texas boards most seem to think that Saban is unrealistic but that Fisher and Malzahn ARE realistic. Fisher because of issues with the FSU admin and Malzahn because he's a career Arkansas guy and has a lot of regional ties. Of course they would be able to moneywhip both of them if needed. Should get interesting. Fisher fits, IMO, he's a guy I can see at UT.

The timing is interesting as they supposedly want to move quickly but those two being in the NC game is a bit of a problem. But here's a quote that was offered from a supposed UT source (and trust me, those guys have legit sources high up in the admin) - ""I think so long as we had a deal in place before the national championship game, we'd have a level of confidence we'd be ok with," the source said."

Advertisement
Fisher just signed an extension, would have to believe there would a be a crazy buy-out. With that said I would love to see him leave there.

I don't see Saban leaving. I think it will be Jimbo Fisher, David Shaw or Gary Patterson.

Advertisement
FSU would not match TX. I promise you. That said, don't think he leaves and have no clue re the buy out terms under his new agreement.

UT Medicine in Austin has some of the best doctors around and with Jimbo's sons condition it could very well be a possibility

Advertisement
NOBODY could match TX. I think that is a foregone conclusion. So if you turn down TX it aint because of the money. With that said, Fisher would be an idiot to leave THIS YEAR. He has a chance to go back to back (if they win this year) with Winston coming back and IF most of the juniors stick around. (Benjamin is def gone. Buddy has to be 22 by now and has kids. Plus his stock is pretty high. Greene is 50-50. The others I think stay)

Now if this was "Post-Winston" I would take off. He will never be as hot as he is at that point. And he will spend the rest of his days chasing the next "jameis winston".

I think Jimbo would leave because he was supposed to be "the guy" at Texas so he was always interested and he's brought FSU back so he's done his job but he'll never be better then Bowden so I think thats a problem for him

Texas has pretty much said they will not be stopped by any buyouts. If what they say is true, that Texas is offering Saban $100M for 10 years, AND 1% of the Longhorn Network, that means NO ONE is unreachable for them.

Remember, the only thing that matters is contract language. A guy with one year left on a contract can be more expensive to buy out than a guy who just signed a 5 year deal. Its unlikely, but Texas will not be stopped by a $10M buyout if they can get a Saban or the like.

Guys, the game has changed. Remember the article about how TAMU University fundraising jumped by something like $400M the year Jonny Football won his Heisman? If you're a Texas, the difference between 8-4 and 12-0 could mean BILLIONS over a few years. Money will be no object for the right guy.

CFB should be very scared right now. And this is once again going to escalate the price of a good coach and a good staff. Which is not good for teams that produce less revenue, like Miami, who has very limited booster club support, and draws half the attendance of what the top revenue schools do each Saturday.

We are going to have to continue to be creative with our hiring, and hope that when we do land a good up and comer like a Golden, he's willing to stay and see the job through for a while.

Im not being prescient or anything. Its just simple math and human nature.

Advertisement
Back