Peter - Jimbo Fisher Headed To Texas?

Advertisement
both of these coaches are in it for the money, wouldnt surprise me one bit if either of them take the job

if the deal is in the 7-10 million dollar range like all the reports suggest they would have to be stupid not to take it

With what potentially jimbo has coming back for a possible back to back and the illness of his son, i dont think he wants to go anywhere but It is texas

Lol How would it be a game changer if Al Golden is our Head Coach?

"Medicority is success at the university of Miami"... YAY thanks Al

The timing will be telling. If Mack steps down and a coach isn't relatively quick, then odds are it will be Jimbo. The other rumor I read was that if Saban did go to UT, Bama would pursue Jimbo as well.

Advertisement
if the deal is in the 7-10 million dollar range like all the reports suggest they would have to be stupid not to take it

Saban currently is the highest paid coach at 5.5 million.. He just received a contract extension (this weekend) offer from Bama for over $7 million per year. He's not leaving. FSU doubled Jimbo's salary this past year paying him $4 million. I don't see UT offering him $7 million when they could have Shaw/Patterson for $4.

Saban currently is the highest paid coach at 5.5 million.. He just received a contract extension (this weekend) offer from Bama for over $7 million per year. He's not leaving. FSU doubled Jimbo's salary this past year paying him $4 million. I don't see UT offering him $7 million when they could have Shaw/Patterson for $4.

its texas, they will overpay for anyone they want, they dont want bargain deals, they want a big name there

jimbo gets payed 4 mill a year they would give him 8 a year if they really want him thats how that school is

Advertisement

UT don't care about a few million here or a few million there. They will pay 10 if it gets the man they want. Still don't see why they take Jimbo. Before Famous Amos, he was an underachievor-- kind of like Brown without Vince Young. Now if Jimbo can bring his little rapist with him, then UT will poney up.

"Oh look at the University of Miami they want the competition to leave so they can win".... smh Thanks AL, you're the best.

Advertisement
Still don't see why they take Jimbo. Before Famous Amos, he was an underachievor-- kind of like Brown without Vince Young.

That's the point. Yes they could afford to pay him 8 million... but why pay double for what you could get Shaw for?

Lol How would it be a game changer if Al Golden is our Head Coach?

"Medicority is success at the university of Miami"... YAY thanks Al

262.gif

Still don't see why they take Jimbo. Before Famous Amos, he was an underachievor-- kind of like Brown without Vince Young.

That's the point. Yes they could afford to pay him 8 million... but why pay double for what you could get Shaw for?

because they dont care about the dollars in texas, they will basically bankrupt the entire school just to get the coach they want

Advertisement
It was reported last year that Jimbo really wanted out of Trailerhassee. Assuming those reports were correct and that UT offers him a great deal, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jimbo heading to Austin. UT is a much better job that the F$U job for a multitude of reasons including, but not limited to, the fact that UT runs that talent-laden state while F$U has to compete with UM and UF in this state and has to fight for almost every recruit.

Then why sign a contract extension right before all the major jobs USC/UT are seeking a winning head coach? His agent gave him bad advice but seemed to learn his lesson with Saban's contract extension. If he really wanted out of Tallahassee, he would have sat on that extension and waited for the offers to pour in...

Jimbo wont be paying the buyout. Smart play is to sign the extension. Lock in the value now with the option to leave if you want. UT will pay that bill if they want him bad enough. If FSU puts a beating on Auburn in the biggest game on the biggest stage, UT will come calling.

because they dont care about the dollars in texas

If you can get the same product for half as cheap, why wouldn't you? (then they could turn around and offer a guy like Chad Morris $2 million to come in as OC)

oh i agree with you 100% if i can get a guy cheaper i would do it, all im trying to say is texas doesn't care about getting a guy for cheap

Advertisement
Back