Peter - Jimbo Fisher Headed To Texas?

Advertisement
We are talking UT here. I don't think they offer Jimbo, but I sure hope they do. He is not in Saban's league. But from your lips to God's ears, please take Jimbo and his staff to Texas.

I think Jimbo would leave because he was supposed to be "the guy" at Texas so he was always interested and he's brought FSU back so he's done his job but he'll never be better then Bowden so I think thats a problem for him

Bobby found out what happens when you stay forever, they fire your rear anyway. Brown is finding that out as we speak. Jimbo would be fool to turn down UT, unless he has NFL dreams. Tally is a nice town. Austin heck of a city. FSU is third best football school in FL. UT is the best football school in Texas. Our kids live for football in Florida. The whole flippping state lives for football in TX.

Advertisement
NOBODY could match TX. I think that is a foregone conclusion. So if you turn down TX it aint because of the money. With that said, Fisher would be an idiot to leave THIS YEAR. He has a chance to go back to back (if they win this year) with Winston coming back and IF most of the juniors stick around. (Benjamin is def gone. Buddy has to be 22 by now and has kids. Plus his stock is pretty high. Greene is 50-50. The others I think stay)

Now if this was "Post-Winston" I would take off. He will never be as hot as he is at that point. And he will spend the rest of his days chasing the next "jameis winston".

But the TX job doesn't open very often. Mack Brown has been there for 16 years. Jimbo might never get another chance to get the pinnacle job in all of college football and perhaps even including the NFL. He can't afford to wait if he wants to ever jump.

Wow. People are just being straight up WEAK ITT.

He isn't going to leave they are loaded and will make play offs again next year. I just don't see it happening. This article gives no facts or insight at all.

Wow. People are just being straight up WEAK ITT.

He isn't going to leave they are loaded and will make play offs again next year. I just don't see it happening. This article gives no facts or insight at all.

A typical Bianchi article.

Things get very interesting with UT because money simply will not be an issue. I think that is why you see so many teams signing new coaches and offering extensions so quickly and early. Nobody wants to go against UT and everyone wants to lock-in a dollar value before UT blows up the market with what will in all likelihood be a record-breaking contract.

Advertisement
OP, are you asking if Pete knows whether this will happen? If so (and this is no slight against Pete), but how would he have any inside info concerning Jimbo?

never been to tally but can tell you austin is a great city.

Agreed. Great city.

I went to Tally for a game once, I will never go back. I don't understand if you have the option of Austin and Tally (no disrespect to some on the board) how you would ever choose Austin (especially if all other things are equal).

Tally isnt THAT bad. lol. I think its better then Gainesville. Def not better then Tampa or Orlando. But I agree that if you are between the ages of 22-40 you should never consider that as a career destination. But Jimbo might like the "small town" vibe. But if he ever won UT another title, he would be the King of Texas.

6 in one hand, half dozen in the other i guess.

It was reported last year that Jimbo really wanted out of Trailerhassee. Assuming those reports were correct and that UT offers him a great deal, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jimbo heading to Austin. UT is a much better job that the F$U job for a multitude of reasons including, but not limited to, the fact that UT runs that talent-laden state while F$U has to compete with UM and UF in this state and has to fight for almost every recruit.

Advertisement
Tally isnt THAT bad. lol. I think its better then Gainesville. Def not better then Tampa or Orlando. But I agree that if you are between the ages of 22-40 you should never consider that as a career destination. But Jimbo might like the "small town" vibe. But if he ever won UT another title, he would be the King of Texas.

6 in one hand, half dozen in the other i guess.

Honestly, people have different perspectives on these things (locations to live/work). Fisher is a WV guy, maybe he doesn't care about the location as much as other people (like myself).

No disrespect to the board, North Florida + Tampa + Orlando + Gainesville = Vomit

It was reported last year that Jimbo really wanted out of Trailerhassee. Assuming those reports were correct and that UT offers him a great deal, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jimbo heading to Austin. UT is a much better job that the F$U job for a multitude of reasons including, but not limited to, the fact that UT runs that talent-laden state while F$U has to compete with UM and UF in this state and has to fight for almost every recruit.

I agree. Even if the pay is equal, Austin > Trailer Park.

Truthfully, Jimbo can take that UT job and set his family up for life. I think he would be foolish to not take that job.

Advertisement
Truthfully, Jimbo can take that UT job and set his family up for life. I think he would be foolish to not take that job.

Correct but I wonder if UT is really considering this guy. I am sure Saban is their CLEAR first choice.

I could see Jimbo getting a job offer from the NFL too.

Then why sign a contract extension right before all the major jobs USC/UT are seeking a winning head coach? His agent gave him bad advice but seemed to learn his lesson with Saban's contract extension. If he really wanted out of Tallahassee, he would have sat on that extension and waited for the offers to pour in...

saban to texas
jimbo to alabama

Which is a mistake on the 2nd... never reward a coach on the merit of 1 qb!!!! (see weiss) and belechek will retire when Brady does... mark it down

Then why sign a contract extension right before all the major jobs USC/UT are seeking a winning head coach? His agent gave him bad advice but seemed to learn his lesson with Saban's contract extension. If he really wanted out of Tallahassee, he would have sat on that extension and waited for the offers to pour in...

Perhaps things change over time and at that time the smart thing to do was take the extension. Who knows what the buyout provisions are in his new contract? Perhaps if Texas/NFL comes calling they will pay the buyout.

Advertisement
Back