Heard a great comparison re/Jameis Winston

sfcane2

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
He basically is for Jimbo what Vince Young was for Mack Brown. Mack was a perennial underachiever until Vince came along. Vince basically made Mack and he's still living off it b

Advertisement
They are likely less talented than they were last year except one position.
IMO the bubble has to burst at least once.

That's a good comparison. A phenom at QB has changed the fortunes of many coaches over the years. Look at OU's record and production when Bradford was healthy. Mike Vick got Flubberneck to the NC game.

Advertisement
I think Jimbo is just a good coach, Jameis or not.

We're both gonna be Top 10 teams for a long time. As it should be.

He basically is for Jimbo what Vince Young was for Mack Brown. Mack was a perennial underachiever until Vince came along. Vince basically made Mack and he's still living off it b

Winston is nothing like V.Young. Young was one read and then ran for the first down QB. Right now it's kind of hard to categorize who Winston is, due to the fact that he hasn't played really good defense yet.

Winston is nothing like V.Young. Young was one read and then ran for the first down QB. Right now it's kind of hard to categorize who Winston is, due to the fact that he hasn't played really good defense yet.

I'm pretty sure he's not comparing Winston to Young regarding their playing styles but as to what they've meant to their team/coach.

Overall FSU had a better team last season

Jamies is really the only position they've upgraded

Advertisement
Overall FSU had a better team last season

Jamies is really the only position they've upgraded

Which shows how a QB can make an average team great and vice versa. Look at our own team in 99 from Kelly to Dorsey. Games were over in the third quarter once skinny got the nod.

Winston is light years ahead of where VY was as a RsFr.

Otherwise, it's a solid comparison.

I tell you who he reminds me of...and I said it from the very first time I saw him throw.

Byron Leftwich...which isn't a knock from a collegiate standpoint. Watch him throw..same slow elongated wind up. That's his biggest weakness I've noticed thus far, he's got a slow *** release.

We need quick pressure on him....well timed/disguised blitzes are going to play a key role.

Advertisement
That's a good comparison. A phenom at QB has changed the fortunes of many coaches over the years. Look at OU's record and production when Bradford was healthy. Mike Vick got Flubberneck to the NC game.

And throw in what Cam Newton did for Chizic..

Advertisement
Back