CanesFest 2013

sounds like you repped the fan base with class and respect. plus rep to the homie proxy.

- these guys look like fighters and we need to support them. get to games!!! if its a ticket price thing.. i'll buy you your ticket and you can tailgate with my crew.

we need moar fans like this

Advertisement
290.jpg

hide yo wife, hide yo kids, they rapin errybody out hurr

The thing that struck me as different was how mature the team was this year compared to last seasons CanesFest. The players were roaming around talking and taking pics with everyone. Last year they were all huddled behind the tables together and looked like deer in headlights. This is a different team. They are bigger for sure. These are not last seasons Canes. They are great kids, but there is a edge/confidence/cool that wasn't as obvious at the same time last year. The Oline is HUGE. Duke is a Rock Star. I know the most overused word in the Cane/english language is swag BUT these kid's have IT plus some to spare.

This maturity is why I think this can do something very special this year, plus the schedule helps as well...elite/boar thinks forthe post

Advertisement
Eliteproxy & Boar thanks for the pics and the color commentary about the event...... Times like these that I wished I lived in South FLA.....

I LOVE this event more than any other. Every year we go to All Canes first to load up and than CanesFest. EVERY year i think it's going to be CrAzY. I'm guessing hard to park and wade through the fans. EVERY YEAR it's like parking at a Publix and your blown away by the small/family atmosphere. The coaches are roaming around and telling stories. Everyone was taking picks with Art and he's talking ****. lol IF YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Take your kids, wife, girlfriend or GO ALONE! It's AMAZING. Imagine what you wish it was and thats what it is. LOl I was even talking to Chip (very cool kid) and he was telling me about his gig. It's better than Christmas morning IMHO. I'm always surprised by the light turnout. Last year I got the best pic with Duke, my wife and my two nephews. P.S. he signed 8X10's of that pic that we brought for them and personalized it too! He's such a good kid. They were 7 & 9. One day that pic will be in their office and they will tell everyone how they talked to him before he ever ran a play. This year we took pictures of them inside the new []_[] statue. My wife's brother's birthday is the day of the gator game and were blowing it up and getting it framed for him as one of his birthday presents. They were selling the Schwartz bricks outside. We thought we missed it. Were buying the big one Monday morning. As a Cane i'm telling every one of you to a man..... "it's special". Next year I hope more are on here posting how wonderful it was. To many special personal moments to post. Last one lol Watching all the mom's taking picks together and everyone watching. Tracy's, Duke's and all the rest. These moments are why they call us a FAMILY and not just another nation. It's better than you could ever imagine. Go Canes

Last edited:
I consider O'Donnell to be a bad man. The jersey is too small, yet he donned no undergarments. Almost as though he does not normally wear such things as a shirt. Indeed, he might fish bare-handed and hunt nude.
You sound like you might be developing a crush.

Great update. Can't wait for the season to start. Perryman and McCord look ready to go. First photo I've ever seen with McDermott smiling.

Advertisement
Eliteproxy & Boar thanks for the pics and the color commentary about the event...... Times like these that I wished I lived in South FLA.....

I LOVE this event more than any other. Every year we go to All Canes first to load up and than CanesFest. EVERY year i think it's going to be CrAzY. I'm guessing hard to park and wade through the fans. EVERY YEAR it's like parking at a Publix and your blown away by the small/family atmosphere. The coaches are roaming around and telling stories. Everyone was taking picks with Art and he's talking ****. lol IF YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Take your kids, wife, girlfriend or GO ALONE! It's AMAZING. Imagine what you wish it was and thats what it is. LOl I was even talking to Chip (very cool kid) and he was telling me about his gig. It's better than Christmas morning IMHO. I'm always surprised by the light turnout. Last year I got the best pic with Duke, my wife and my two nephews. P.S. he signed 8X10's of that pic that we brought for them and personalized it too! He's such a good kid. They were 7 & 9. One day that pic will be in their office and they will tell everyone how they talked to him before he ever ran a play. This year we took pictures of them inside the new []_[] statue. My wife's brother's birthday is the day of the gator game and were blowing it up and getting it framed for him as one of his birthday presents. They were selling the Schwartz bricks outside. We thought we missed it. Were buying the big one Monday morning. As a Cane i'm telling every one of you to a man..... "it's special". Next year I hope more are on here posting how wonderful it was. To many special personal moments to post. Last one lol Watching all the mom's taking picks together and everyone watching. Tracy's, Duke's and all the rest. These moments are why they call us a FAMILY and not just another nation. It's better than you could ever imagine. Go Canes

Herald said 4,400 people went. That's a pretty decent number (I think). We're not Bama, so we're not going to get people camping out in RVs since Tuesday to get a picture with Saban or to sign up for an Alabama coffin to be buried in. I was impressed with the Herald report.

Here's another one... Anyone that would like a pic throwing up The []_[] with the OL please head to the stage in the back. SERIOUS Kids lined up and looked so small. lol Than 5, 6, 7 players filled in and they kept taking pics with anyone who wanted. The line was never more than three min's for that but it lasted two hours. IT WAS SO SPECIAL for the kid's. I'm telling you guys, like the old days when we win big again access will be more limited. At this event it's ALWAYS (not same format before) been intimate and personal. GO

Last edited:

Herald said 4,400 people went. That's a pretty decent number (I think). We're not Bama, so we're not going to get people camping out in RVs since Tuesday to get a picture with Saban or to sign up for an Alabama coffin to be buried in. I was impressed with the Herald report.
THANK G-D were not Bama lol It's always 4000-6000 it's perfect. It lasted 4 hours so they came and went. I wouldn't want it any other way. I remember in 2002 watching practice and interviews after. I watched McGahee say "I ain't worried. I can pick up where they left off last season" and SMH LMAO My brother-in-law and myself talked about that comment the whole way home. lol We thought what a dumbass. Who does he think he is? lol WE WERE THE DUMBASSES! Great times. You can't just go down and hang out like the old days. Don't miss out guys. Like everything good, this too one day will be no longer. sad and true

Advertisement
iMO pretty low effort by UM with this event. Nowhere near as good as past years. maybe a little humble pie in lieu of upcoming sanctions.

BUT left with a smile from ear to ear as several offensive staff members are raving about Gus. heard very confident comparisons to TJ Yeldon and called a BEAST

iMO pretty low effort by UM with this event. Nowhere near as good as past years. maybe a little humble pie in lieu of upcoming sanctions.

BUT left with a smile from ear to ear as several offensive staff members are raving about Gus. heard very confident comparisons to TJ Yeldon and called a BEAST
the only thing lacking was organization? Seemed like it was thrown together last min. thinking thay had a different plan before they were told it couldn't be for JUST season ticket holders. BUT...... Go Canes!

Advertisement

the only thing lacking was organization? Seemed like it was thrown together last min. thinking thay had a different plan before they were told it couldn't be for JUST season ticket holders. BUT...... Go Canes!

i was a bit drunk but I was standing in the Sebastian line for about 30 minutes when I realized it wasn't the line to get a hotdog.

With all the brothers on our team, everybody must be trying to get at Giselle. I would put my money on Morris, fine women love QB's.

Advertisement
Back