Al Golden is a young Nick Saban, recruiting expert says

I don't get why people worry about him leaving to go to another school. Miami has as much upside as any school in the country, and I think he realizes that. When is the last time we lost a head coach to another school? Seems to me they almost always leave for a chance at the pros, and I for one, cannot blame them for that as it is the pinnacle of football coaching.

The worry is that there are plenty of schools, particularly in the SEC, that have shown a willingness to pay far more money than UM.

Advertisement
"They were pounding away at Miami — particularly Florida and Florida State. They tried to smear the school to players and it worked on some kids. In recruiting, there is no loyalty. There is no fairness. It's all about acquiring as much talent as possible. If a school has any kind of little thing — and this is a big thing — they will definitely use it against Miami."

Wonder how James Coley had to do with this.

I posted about this in the Coley thread. Questioned how effective he would be closing this year when he was going so hard against us. Some said FSU wasnt neg recruiting, clearly they were/are, let's just hope he was in the minortiy with some character in Traillerhassee.

Advertisement
Advertisement
And to imagine some hated this hire of Alfred James Golden after that egomaniac Jon Gruden ****-teased UM( luckiest thing ever to happen to this program).

We're lucky to have this guy. He'll be successful wherever he goes, IMO. Maybe Im just a blind homer, but I think he's our best CEO since Jimmy Johnson(but with perhaps better sense to know where he's happy)

It will be a sad day for me when he decides to leave this program for another opportunity. I just hope it's after a few 'chips

9n60E.gif

Advertisement
Only a small handful of posters here weren't fans of Golden around that time. None of them seem to be around anymore

Advertisement
And to imagine some hated this hire of Alfred James Golden after that egomaniac Jon Gruden ****-teased UM( luckiest thing ever to happen to this program).

We're lucky to have this guy. He'll be successful wherever he goes, IMO. Maybe Im just a blind homer, but I think he's our best CEO since Jimmy Johnson(but with perhaps better sense to know where he's happy)

It will be a sad day for me when he decides to leave this program for another opportunity. I just hope it's after a few 'chips

That dude is such a boring, self-important blowhard. His football 'analysis' isn't markedly better than DBC's or one of the prepubescent kids on CIS, but he's been cranking out the unreadable bilge for over a decade, while seemingly under the impression that he's some big time writer.

Basically a teriyaki Joe Casale.

As much I would like to say yes, Mullen is working with a HUGE budget and assistants are getting paid big. SEC money has gone through the roof. He has the complete commitment of his alumni, boards, and others. That's just not the case here. Also, Mullen has only has one great win (Alabama), the rest were good wins but nothing spectacular.

I think that it is a lot more than coaching why were are under-performing. Golden and Doritos get all the blame, but we need to start turning the heat up on others as well.

Advertisement
Back