Henderson, Porter and Linder- All returning

MizCane

Senior
Great news. They all want to finish school and win a championship. Linder said we have something special cooking!

Advertisement
Keeping Porter is monumental. He made a huge impact when he returned later in year.

No excuses next year.

Golden has a veteran team coming back and a Senior QB w/ the easiest schedule I can remember. FSU must beark in new QB and is our toughest game by far.

Anything less than an ACC championship is UNACCEPTABLE.

Great news!!! Looks like these kids learned from the mistakes made by most of the guys who left early last year. It's all about the U!

Advertisement
No excuses next year.

Golden has a veteran team coming back and a Senior QB w/ the easiest schedule I can remember. FSU must beark in new QB and is our toughest game by far.

Yep.

22 Shannon kids remain on the rooster. It's time to put up or shut the **** on up for Goldens.

No excuses next year.

Cane fans still chest thumping. lol. So we HAVE to beat Clemson or FSU in a championship game or Golden should be fired?

idiot fanbase gon idiot.

Advertisement
No excuses next year.

Cane fans still chest thumping. lol. So we HAVE to beat Clemson or FSU in a championship game or Golden should be fired?

idiot fanbase gon idiot.

What about the early 2000's?

****. Porter looks small next to Seantrel...

Capture.JPG

Advertisement
It's all about keep you name in the press, especially if it's positive news.

Why the presser? It boils down to making the right decision or being stupid.

Golden is a master of public relations. Miami has been under PR probation for three years. Good news out of Miami for once.

Gets the kids some publicity as well as putting the program out there in a positive light.

Golden is a master at public relations. He'll take any chance he can to put out some positive news.

Why the presser? It boils down to making the right decision or being stupid.

Because their decision to stay is heart-warming and has major consequences for the team's prospects. A lot of us expected all three of them to stay in school, but there seemed to be a slight amount of doubt as evidenced by comments on the internet and a small amount of chatter in the newspapers.

Snart move by golden. Recruits see this and see guys staying around. Porter is huge for us. He is a must have.

Advertisement
Miami starting offensive linemen Seantrel Henderson and Brandon Linder and defensive lineman Curtis Porter will return for their senior seasons, bolstering a team that should be a preseason favorite to win the Coastal Division.

The trio announced their intentions to return Monday.

"I think it means a lot to the team," Henderson said. "It means a lot to everybody as far as the team and the coaching staff. I think everybody on the team and the coaching staff loves us and I think they would love for us to stay as long as we can."

Henderson, a first-team Freshman All-American in 2010, has had an up-and-down career with the Hurricanes and still has yet to live up to his full potential. He had to work his way back into the starting lineup in 2012 after dealing with a few personal issues, and ended up starting the final seven games at right tackle.

Linder started all 12 games at right guard in 2012 and has made 24 consecutive starts. In three seasons on the offensive line, he has played all 36 games and has made 29 starts. After two-plus injury-plagued seasons, Porter was finally healthy during the latter part of the 2012 season. He played in the Hurricanes' final four games, starting the last two contests against USF and Duke.

In all, Miami returns a whopping 20 of 22 starters for 2013. You see why expectations are high in Coral Gables.

Coach Al Golden released the following statements on all three players.

Golden on Henderson: "I'm really proud of Seantrel. He exhibited patience and self-restrain and approached this business decision with transparency and maturity. Instant gratification and leaving would have been easy for Seantrel; Instead, he's accepted the challenge to become the best person and player he can be.

"I believe that Seantrel is really enjoying his teammates and wants to be a part of bringing the Canes back. There is room for growth with respect to Seantrel's game. He has started 18 games in his career, suffered through some injuries, has endured personal tragedy as well as created a number of self-inflicted distractions which we believe he has left in the past. It's essential that he continue to keep trusting our process, make great choices and surround himself with the right people. If he does this, the sky is the limit for Seantrel."

Golden on Linder: "We're blessed to have Brandon returning to our football team. He has clearly grown over the last year and has been a beacon of consistency for our student-athletes during an extraordinarily turbulent time. He's not only the most experienced Miami Hurricane having started 29 games in his career, possessing at 24 consecutive games started streak, but he is a tremendous student and one of our finest leaders.

"You can see in his demeanor that he has unfinished business on his mind and is excited about returning to Coral Gables for the 2013 season. Brandon will be considered among the best at his position in the ACC, if not the country."

Golden on Porter: "We're excited to have the opportunity to work with Curtis for an entire year. He's had some unfortunate injuries which have encumbered his development over the last couple of years; however, he really came on strong during the last half of the year for us.

"He exhibited to everyone associated with our program a glimpse of what he can become. Curtis is talented - he's smart, strong, powerful and explosive yet has room for development on and off the field. If he continues to trust his coaches, cultivates his position skills and develops consistency in his daily approach to football, he will undoubtedly develop into the type of player he wants to become. Our hope is that Curtis will start to 'enjoy the journey' as he deserves this opportunity and every measure of good fortune in 2013. We're excited that he will be joining us for his final year."

Yeah, so this isn't exactly Bryant McKinnie, Marty Bibla and Cortez Kennedy coming back, but nobody can tell me this isn't significant in light of the Rosenhaus-induced exodus of last year. Guys aren't just about getting out of Coral Gables, this might actually signal guys might care about their time at UM

And say what you want about the likes of Brandon Washington, Olivier Vernon and Tommy Streeter, this past years team would've been better with those guys aboard

Last edited:
Yeah, so this isn't exactly Bryant McKinnie, Marty Bibla and Cortez Kennedy coming back, but nobody can tell me this isn't significant in light of the Rosenhaus-induced exodus of last year. Guys aren't just about getting out of Coral Gables, this might actually signal guys might care about their time at Coral Gables

And say what you want about the likes of Brandon Washington, Olivier Vernon and Tommy Streeter, this past years team would've been better with those guys aboard

I expect Linder to have a better senior season than Martin Bibla. If they stay healthy, the group can all be taken before the 4th round.

Advertisement
Back