Henderson, Porter & Linder to Hold Press Conference Monday

View as article
Not that we didn't have an idea, Michael Casagrande confirms they're staying:

[tweet]290670921134526464[/tweet]

Update 11:01 p.m. Sunday: Though all were considered longshots to leave, a source within the Miami football program confirmed all three players will not declare for the NFL draft.

Dammit bro, you beat me to all of the Twitter scoops.

/envy

LOL

I got my browser on the left side of my monitor & tweetdeck on the right.

1.jpg

oh my god Dan. It wasnt until after I repped you that I noticed your a penguins fan!

EW.

108.jpg

Advertisement
University of Miami All-ACC performers Seantrel Henderson and Brandon Linder and Curtis Porter will return for their senior seasons in 2013. The trio announced their intentions to return at a Monday morning press conference at Hecht Athletic Center.

Henderson, a first-team Freshman All-American in 2010, played in 11 games along the offensive line and started the final seven games of the season at right tackle. He earned All-ACC honorable mention from the ACSMA and ACC coaches and helped anchor an offensive line that paved the way for the third-best passing offensive (295.4) in the ACC.

Head Coach Al Golden on Henderson...
"I'm really proud of Seantrel. He exhibited patience and self-restrain and approached this business decision with transparency and maturity. Instant gratification and leaving would have been easy for Seantrel; instead, he's accepted the challenge to become the best person and player he can be.

"I believe that Seantrel is really enjoying his teammates and wants to be a part of bringing the Canes back. There is room for growth with respect to Seantrel's game. He has started 18 games in his career, suffered through some injuries, has endured personal tragedy as well as created a number of self-inflicted distractions which we believe he has left in the past. It's essential that he continue to keep trusting our process, make great choices and surround himself with the right people. If he does this, the sky is the limit for Seantrel.

"Coach Art Kehoe, (Head Strength) Coach Andrew Swasey, Coach Jedd Fisch and I are anxious to assist him and his family achieve all of their goals and develop him into the type of player we all know he can be."

Linder, a third-team All-ACC pick by Phil Steele, started all 12 games at right guard in 2012 and has made 24 consecutive starts. In three seasons on the offensive line, he has played all 36 games and has made 29 starts.

Head Coach Al Golden on Linder...
"We're blessed to have Brandon returning to our football team. He has clearly grown over the last year and has been a beacon of consistency for our student-athletes during an extraordinarily turbulent time. He's not only the most experienced Miami Hurricane having started 29 games in his career, possessing at 24 consecutive games started streak, but he is a tremendous student and one of our finest leaders.

"You can see in his demeanor that he has unfinished business on his mind and is excited about returning to Coral Gables for the 2013 season. Brandon will be considered among the best at his position in the ACC, if not the country."

After two-plus injury-plagued seasons, Porter was finally healthy during the latter part of Miami's 2012 season. He played in the Hurricanes' final four games of the season, starting the last two contests against USF and Duke. He garnered nine tackles and 2.5 tackles for loss.

Head Coach Al Golden on Porter...
"We're excited to have the opportunity to work with Curtis for an entire year. He's had some unfortunate injuries which have encumbered his development over the last couple of years; however, he really came on strong during the last half of the year for us.

"He exhibited to everyone associated with our program a glimpse of what he can become. Curtis is talented - he's smart, strong, powerful and explosive yet has room for development on and off the field. If he continues to trust his coaches, cultivates his position skills and develops consistency in his daily approach to football, he will undoubtedly develop into the type of player he wants to become. Our hope is that Curtis will start to 'enjoy the journey' as he deserves this opportunity and every measure of good fortune in 2013. We're excited that he will be joining us for his final yea

Advertisement
Henderson coming back marks a huge moment IMO.

Here's a kid with all the talent in the world but has had his work ethic questioned, and his dedication. Whether fair or not, it's the case. He could have bailed instead of going through another UTough, which I am sure is grueling on a huge kid like that.

Sure the easy answer is "he stays another year and he gets drafted higher" but pretty obvious not all these kids think that way.

You can never ever have enough quality tackles and Henderson, Flowers, and Bunche make a fantastic group.

Keeping our senior linemen is a huge step to success. I really believe that having Porter come back for his senior year (no matter how stupid it would have been for him to leave) was probably one of the top priorities for the coaches. Returning him and then the fact that we have our entire line back is just huge. Good news for our club

Advertisement
Maybe I'm reading too much into this.....

But this has to be good news about the sanctions. They may not (and may not for a while either) be able to say so publicly but I'd be willing to bet that by now Golden and staff know what's in the initial draft of the NCAA's letter. I honestly cannot believe that they would not act in good faith and tell all 3 of these kids that there was a chance they wouldn't be able to play in a bowl game next year.

Ferman strikes out yet again... Why are people paying money for his site?

CaneSport ‏@CaneSport
We have been hearing Linder likely to go for weeks. Can't understand that possible decision. And Henderson and Porter? Huh?

Advertisement
That's a cardboard cutout of Linder. He's actually spearfishing with McDermott right now.

Advertisement
The longer these dudes hang around Alshermond the bigger the buy-in rate is. He's got guys like Hendo, who many had written off as a head case and cancer, buying in. That's all that needs to be said.

Advertisement
Back